We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

23 August 2011

Happy New Year!

A new school year has begun, and I'm thankful to return to a more normal routine. I miss work during the summer months because I truly am a creature of habit and routine. I need that regularity to feel productive.  We've been in school for going-on-five days now, and things are shaping up to be a pretty fine year. I've got A LOT on my plate this fall, so I hope I don't blow it and forget something or screw it up.

First, during from September 12th until October 16th, I have a photography show in the fine arts gallery at my school. It's not a huge deal or anything, but it is my work and it will be up on display for anyone to see at any time. Most significantly, it requires A LOT of preparation. Once the show starts, it's easy. The work is up and all I have to worry about it coordinating a small reception one night. But getting the show ready is pretty daunting. I have to pick out all of the pieces I'm going to show (which was surprisingly difficult), get them printed, mount them on foam core, and then hang them in the gallery. All while I teach full time, try to be physically fit, and write a dissertation. Oh, and write a paper for a conference in October that is due by the 3rd ... of September.

Speaking of ... I'll be in Dublin in 38 days! I'm an super excited about visiting Dublin with my mom while I present at a conference there. We'll be there for a week, and I cannot wait. After I present and attend the conference, we're renting a car and taking a little jaunt around the country. We'll visit the Giant's Causeway and Bushmills in Northern Ireland, drive through the western country to see the Cliffs of Moher and then back to Dublin. There is so much I want to see and do while I am there, but I have to prioritize. The conference will take considerable time, so I won't have as much exploring time as I would like. We'll have a lot of time in Dublin, and I'm excited about seeing all of the great stuff that is there.

One month later I'm heading to Chicago for another conference where I get to present with one of my favorite colleagues. I'l be staying with The Boy's family, but I'll be in Chicago for a week. In November. When it is VERY cold. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to that conference less than the first. But I'll have good company which makes everything better.

My dissertation writing schedule has sadly taken a back seat to the start of school. I've also reached a point where I need to research more before I can write more. But, that being said, I haven't exactly been good at doing a little bit every night. I'm hoping that once my body and mind readjust to a rigorous daily schedule, I'll be able to get back into a solid routine.

Thankfully, that is all I have lined up for this fall. And, honestly, it seems more than I can handle right now. But I like to have a lot on my plate. It keeps me out of trouble.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...