We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

24 August 2011

NC Life 365 - Day 134

I've clearly taken a short hiatus from my daily photography posts, and I'm not sure how regular these will be given how busy I am. But I am definitely going to try and be more regular. Having a real world life is no excuse for abandoning my digital life.

So how better to restart my NC Life 365 series than with some super tasty treats? Namely, lemoncello shots! I saw these on Pinterest and adjusted the recipe to my liking.

Um ... yum!

They are as yummy as they are easy.

These are super-easy to make and are more delicious than they look. Here's the recipe:

What you need: 
  • 1 box of sugar-free lemon Jell-O (You can use the pre-sugared kind, but there really is enough sweetness once the entire shot is made.)
  • 5 small-medium fresh lemons. (Have one extra in case you need it.)
  • 1 cup combination of lemon juice and boiling water
  • 1 cup combination of chilled plain vodka and lemoncello


What you do:
  1. Cut each lemon in half and gently squeeze (by hand!) the juice into a glass bowl. Clear out any seeds of leftover pulp. You want to squeeze the lemon halves gently so as not to compromise the integrity of the rind. You'll be filling them with the Jell-O mix, and you don't want it leaking out. Set juice aside.
  2. Use a spoon to gently remove all of the pulp, leaving a clean rind. (I'm sure there is something you could do with the remaining pulp, but I'm not sure what that something is.) Rinse the rinds and let them dry a bit.
  3. Whisk together the lemon Jell-O and the boiling water/lemon juice mixture. The lemon juice should not be boiled! Just add it to the boiled water. (My mixture ended up being about half water and half lemon juice, but it depends on how juicy your lemons are. Here's a tip: pop those lemons in the microwave for about 45 seconds to soften them and you'll get a lot more juice with a lot less squeezing.)
  4. Add the chilled vodka/lemoncello mixture. Whisk until completely mixed. 
  5. Set the empty lemon halves into a cupcake container. This will keep them upright and level while the Jell-O sets. I also used a bit of torn paper towel under the rinds to keep them even more level. Pour the mixture into each half, filling it completely. (If you have extra liquid, quickly cut and prepare the extra lemon to use as a shell.)
  6. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge until they are solid. Mine set in about 5 hours, and I made them two days in advance.
  7. Before serving them, cut each half in half once more to make lemon wedges.
  8. Enjoy!

Girls' Night should be fun tonight!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...