We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

13 July 2013

2 weeks out ...

The Big Day is just two weeks from today. In fact, in about exactly 2 weeks I'll be donning my wedding dress and getting ready to take those vows. Aside from feeling 100% stressed out and anxious (which is only partially due to the wedding), things are going great! I say that with all sincerity. Really!

All the major stuff is taken care of. We've got the venue and the cake (cupcakes) all taken care of. The flowers are all set but will require some work on the day of. Since we're not buying pre-arranged flowers but single stems instead, we need to put them all together in their jars on the day of the wedding. Thankfully, I've got a small army of people to help out with that. The bouquets and boutonnieres are all ready as well. Mel is doing our photography, so that's huge weight off my shoulders. My wedding dress is FINALLY taken care of, and JD's got his suit all set and ready. We've got our final meeting with our minister scheduled, and we've had our meeting with our entertainment guy. I've got all the favors to assemble and organize, but, again, I've got some worker bees coming to help me out next week. And my amazing cousin has agreed to be our wedding coordinator on The Big Day, and that is a HUGE relief for this control freak. So, all in all, things are looking good.

Of course, leaving town tomorrow for four days isn't great timing, but at least I'll get to hang out with my MOH for a few days. I agreed to go to this conference before JD and I set a date, and, looking back, it wasn't the best planning. But it is what it is, so we'll go with it. When I get back, it's my birthday and then the family starts arriving. Mom and Dad should be here Tuesday and then everyone else slowly trickles in. I'm really looking forward to it all, but I'm also stressing about all the details. But I know that when my momma gets here, she'll help a lot of that anxiety disappear.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...