... how similar graduate school is to middle school.
1. people still compete for popularity and acceptance but fail to realize how insignificant and irrelevant that "acceptance" really is.
2. the cliques are just as isolated and impenetrable, but the people in those cliques are the same total dorks as the rest of the English department.
3. gone is the "cool" lunch table, but it has been replaced with the "cool" cubicle.
4. students still try their damnedest to be the teacher's pet and look completely ridiculous doing so.
5. little spats of drama are just as inane and ridiculous but continue to exist nonetheless.
It's like I never left.