We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

03 November 2010

Denied. Denied. Denied. APPROVED!

Actually, throw a few more "denied" in there and you'll get the real picture. I've submitted my dissertation prospectus more times than I can count, and each time it has been denied. Well, today, it was finally approved! Over a year later and more tears and tantrums than I'd like to admit to. But it's accepted, and it should be a weight off my shoulders.

But it's not. I'm not trying to sound like a brat or anything, but I was expecting it to feel more like relief. It doesn't. It's more like the feeling when you are walking up a really steep hill and you see the top. When you reach the top and turn the corner, you see that there is actually a MUCH bigger hill ahead of you that is twice as steep. It's more overwhelming and daunting than relieving.

But at least I'm one step closer to being Dr. MaryBeth, PhD. For now I'll just have to settle for MaryBeth, ABD. Better some letters than no letters, right?

1 comment:

Kirsten Oliphant said...

Yay! I know you aren't feeling the relief yet, but it's huge and I think it will sink in. Take a brief break from looking at the future and what's left. Have a glass (or bottle) of wine and celebrate yourself for a minute (or week)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...