We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

13 November 2008

Energy Saving and Saving the Environment?

I ride my bike to school pretty much every day. I save a TON of money on gas, create fewer emissions into the environment, and get a little exercise as well. I usually don't mind it. It is sometimes cold and miserable, but I figure it builds my character, right? When I left for school this morning, it was a little drizzly but nothing that I couldn't handle. I put on the rain gear and headed on my way. However, four hours later, the drizzle had turned into a nice hard steady rain. And it was time for me to go home. I didn't want to loiter around in the building waiting for the rain to stop (I can't get far enough away from campus these days), so I hopped on the ole Roadmaster and peddled my ass home. When I got home, I was completely soaked. Of course, I was wearing jeans. Nothing feels quite as good as wet, cold jeans on freshly shaven legs. I'm pretty sure I caught pneumonia. No telling, but we'll see. 

I'm beginning to think that a parking pass may be worth while.

2 comments:

Kirsten Oliphant said...

I had days like that, as I never had a parking pass. Sometimes I would drive my car on rainy days and circle that back road where you don't need a pass for hours, then park illegally or pay the deck fee. But I definitely got to school and went home sometimes dripping wet. Not fun.

Kia or Tilly (depending on where we met) said...

At least you have plenty of chapstick to keep those lips moisturized! Can't do much about the shaved legs/wet jean situation. And i'm pretty sure you would look ridiculous if you covered yourslef in garbage bags.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...