We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

26 May 2010

Bye Bye, Birdie

Sad news on the Mourning Dove front. This morning, Mama was gone and so was the egg. :-( I looked all over the ground and couldn't see where the egg had fallen or broken. Maybe another animal raided the nest and took the little egg. Mama hasn't been back since. I took the nest out of plant and discarded it. I was perfectly willing to enjoy my front seat view of Nature while it happened naturally, but I've got a ton of plants that need regular tending. Having her nest there wouldn't allow me to water and prune without disturbing her. So I guess it all worked out for the best. Except for the missing egg.

So here ends the Mourning Dove saga.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...