We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

09 May 2010

Change is gon' come ...

The Boy moves in on Wednesday. Gulp. He's only here through the end of the summer, but we haven't spent more than a week together in three years (?) so this could be challenging. I'll be working most of the summer as well as a little bit of traveling, so we'll definitely have time apart from each other. But having him in my space pretty much non-stop for two plus months will be ... interesting.

Don't get me wrong. I am SUPER excited to have him here. We've been surviving on weekends and the occasional week for the past three years, and it has definitely gotten old. It will be wonderful to come home in the evening and have him here. It will be great to be able to talk to him pretty much any time I want. It will be a relief to share the responsibilities of being a doggie parent. It will be pretty fantastic to have his cooking and cleaning skills at ready access. It will be good all around ... except for the adjustment of actually having him here. That may take a few weeks to adjust to.

I really have become a solitary creature. I like my space. No. Let me rephrase. I LOVE my space. And I don't like to share it. I don't mind people coming to visit and say with me for a few days or a week, but, beyond that, I get antsy and testy and a little frustrated. Even with people I love deeply. It's not my most endearing characteristic, but I'm pretty sure that it comes from living alone all this time. And I LOVE living alone. I like being able to dictate my own schedule, clean and cook when I feel like it, not worry about where I left my dirty socks ... I'm really too independent to live with other people. I absolutely love The Boy, so I hope that I can suppress my anxiety and make everything work out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...