We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

28 June 2010

My Birthday Wish List

30th birthdays only come around once (which is true for pretty much every birthday, but, since I'm on my way to 30, it's the only one I really care about.), so it is important to make the most out of the big day. The parents are planning a little party for my in NY when I get there, and I'm well aware that 30 does not equal presents. It's not the same as when you are 10 and get a bazillion presents and a pony ride.

Sidenote: I've never actually had a pony ride for my birthday. I'm not complaining or anything. Just stating a fact. Although a pony ride at my 30th party would certainly make things memorable!

Another sidenote: My favorite part about birthdays as a kid was that I was the youngest, and my grandmother never wanted me to feel left out of the celebration on my sister's birthday. That meant that I always got presents on her birthday as well as my own. She never got anything on mine. And they weren't lame consolation gift presents. They were real presents. LOVED it.

Anyway, I digress. There are quite a few gifties that I would love to receive all wrapped up in bows and shiny paper (yes, shiny paper is a bit of a requirement and it makes me infinitely happy) on July 20th this year. Of course, I don't expect to see any of these items given their price points, but still ... I'll share!

1.) The Mad Men DVD Collection - This show, if you haven't been watching, is pretty much amazing in every way. The plot lines are solid, the characters are dynamic and engaging, and, well, let's be honest, Sterling is H-O-T! All joking aside, it's a great series and has been recognized as such. Since I don't expect to receive this for my birthday, at least the new season is premiering on my birthday weekend!

2.) The iPad - I think the rationale behind this one is obvious, but it is still worth mentioning. In all honesty, I don't want the first generation iPad. I want the iPad that comes out in the next 12-18 months and has all the kinks and bugs worked out of it. Then I'll be desperate for it!

3.) A Barrel Composter - Gross, right? Yeah, not so much. I've been dying for one of these for about two years now. I have really cut down on my trash output, and the vast majority of my trash is food stuffs. I would LOVE to be able to compost all of my vegetable peels and egg shells and things of that sort and produce wonderful, rich soil to use in the coming planting season. Of course, I'm not even sure if my apartment complex would let me have one, but I would love one of these bad boys.

4.) A big ol' gift card to Barnes and Noble -  I love books. I love buying them. I love reading them. I love looking at them on my bookshelves after I've read them. While creating a book wish list would take way too long, a gift card to aid in my obsession might come in handy.

5.) A summer photography class at Wolf Camera - I'm really getting into my photography hobby, and I would love to take one of their classes to REALLY learn how to use my amazing new camera. It has so many functions and options; I know I'm not making the most of them yet.

So, there you have it. My 30th birthday "in my wildest dreams" wish list.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...