We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

30 June 2010

Product Placement

I've recently been turned on to a few different products that really make me happy. I figured that I would share them with you all as my "insider tip" and good deed of the day. I'm not really one to post this kind of thing on my blog, but I think that maybe if it works for me, it may also work for you!

The first and most important is Loreal's Sublime Bronzer. Anyone who knows me knows that I am NOT a sun worshipper. I am often closer to "pasty" than I am to "tan." There are multiple reasons for this. First, I have the attention span of a gnat and can't stand just laying out on the beach or poolside waiting for the sun to alter my pigmentation. Second, I don't sweat like a normal person. Seriously. Whenever I work out or get hot, I just get a little moist and VERY uncomfortable. I just don't sweat. My aunt in Indiana is the same way. No matter how hard we work out, we just don't sweat. Third, I try to avoid activities that I know will cause cancer. There are enough ways in this world to get cancer that we aren't aware of, so I try to skip the things that we know cause cancer. (And, yes, I'm aware that some sun doesn't cause cancer, but I also know people who have been exposed to little sun and still had melanomas. I'm just trying to take every precaution.) Despite all of this, it is nice to have a little color. So when we were shopping in Target the other day, we happened upon this stuff and figured we'd give it a try. I went home that night, read the directions, and applied it to my legs as directed. I didn't do the whole body thing because I'm mostly concerned about the lack of color on my legs and I wanted to make sure I didn't turn into an oompa loompa. It was a bit tacky to the touch for about an hour afterwards, but it didn't transfer onto any clothing or anything (as the label predicted!). I went to bed with the lotion on and woke up with massive streaks everywhere. I was pist! I jumped in the shower to see if I could scrub it off and the heavy streaks rinsed off without any scrubbing, leaving behind a nice tint on my legs. Yeah! The directions say to reapply daily until you get the shade you want and then reapply 1-2 times a week to maintain. I applied daily for three days and the color is really nice. Not orangey or heavy. Very natural and covering. I've learned to apply immediately after my shower, let it soak in for a few hours, and then rinse off the extra. It works nicely. However, during the few hours when it is "soaking in," I do have to run around in panties because it is still tacky. But it doesn't transfer to clothing so one could in theory wear pants or something. You know me ... :)

I've also recently discovered "toner." Not the kind that goes into the copier. The kind that goes on your face after washing it clean. I tried Proactive about six months ago and it came with toner which was the first time I had ever used toner. I really liked it. However, I didn't like the Proactive system so I stopped ordering it. I again returned to Target (who doesn't love Target? Seriously?) and searched for an alcohol-free toner. (Alcohol is very drying, and my skin in sensitive enough!) The only alcohol-free toner I could find was by Neutrogena. Luckily, I like Neutrogena products so I gave it a try. I actually liked it! It is refreshing after a hot shower. I even think it makes my skin look and feel better. I'm not really all that sure what toner really does, but I like it. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...