We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

16 October 2010

New Cars and Old Churches

Today was the big day!! I drove to DC last night and stayed with my cousin and his family. This morning I left their cute little house and headed to Maryland to purchase my first brand new car! I absolutely LOVE this car. When I left the dealer's lot this morning, my new car had 24 miles on it. Seriously. I've never even been in a car with only 26 miles!! It's excited and empowering to make such a big purchase all on my own. I guess I'm a grown-up now. 

I know that it is a bad thing to love material things, but I LOVE THIS CAR. I found myself loving it more and more as I drove the 300 miles home from the dealer. I love that it has integrated Bluetooth technology, so I always have hands-free phone access. I love that it has a real electrical outlet in which to plug things in ... like my phone charger. I love that it has 6 months of free Sirius Radio (which I will then pay for because I already have a Sirius account). I love that the instrument panel is designed to keep the driver's eyes on the road. All of the information I could ever need ... radio station, phone information, mileage, everything ... is in the center of the instrument panel so I only need to lower my eyes about 3 inches to see it all. I love how sporty and sleek it looks. I REALLY love that I drove over 300 miles today and used less than a half a tank of gas. Seriously?! I knew I was going to get good gas mileage, but I had no idea how good. I'm pretty stoked about it. 
My new black Jetta TDI.



The weather for the drive was absolutely beautiful. It was a clear beautiful fall day, and the leaves were gorgeous. As I was heading down 301, I passed this quaint old church. I said to myself, "I'd love to take pictures of that!" And then I realized that I didn't have a schedule to keep, so I did a quick u-turn and went back to take some pics. It even had one of those old little cemeteries on the property. I took a few dozen pics (because I'm a little crazy with the camera), and they are so fall-esque.




All in all, it's been an absolutely glorious day. I hope this mood and trend continues! I live a truly blessed and fortunate life. And for that I am thankful.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...