We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

30 March 2013

The Crescent City

I was lucky enough to spend this last week in New Orleans at the annual SITE conference. My paper was chosen for presentation, and I attended a lot of great session which I can't wait to share with my colleagues back at school.

But, of course, New Orleans is never all work and no play. I made the best of my time and visited familiar places as well as a few new sites. I finally got to see the Audubon Insectarium (which had an AMAZING butterfly house) and the Aquarium of the Americas. I also finally got to see Lafayette Cemetery in the Garden District. And, of course, I ate a ton of good food, heard a lot of great music, and walked the soles off of my feet.

Some of the highlights ...





I like to think of this one as "Vacancy."




"Disrepair," or
"Trying to get out or in?"















This little yellow guy was playing hide-and-seek for hours. 

Jellies! My favorite part of any aquarium. 






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...