We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

03 August 2007

Why don't I ever learn my lesson?

This morning found me at the emergency room. Last night, the pain was so bad in my left ear that I could barely stop crying. I was sure that my eardrum was going to rupture. I called my mom and she told me that when I was little, my eardrums ruptured "all the time." That didn't make me feel much better. Talking to her did, but hearing that did not.

Of course, the campus health clinic (aka the campus HELL clinic) told me that all of my symptoms should be gone by Friday. And, of course, they weren't. They were indeed worse. Upon The Boy's and Mom's prompting, I went to the emergency room this morning. Turns out, I have a double ear infection on top of this upper respiratory thing.

I HATE THE CAMPUS HEALTH CLINIC!!!!!!!!!

Did I learn when they misdiagnosed my eczema for a contact allergy and had me cover it in ointment which only made it worse? TWICE?

Did I learn my lesson (albeit vicariously) when a dear, dear friend was misdiagnosed with the HIV and treated callously? (wink, wink, you know who you are, lovey!)

Did I learn my lesson after hearing countless horror stories about inadequate treatment?

Clearly, I did not. I think this time it may have finally sunk in.

When I complained about my ear hurting, the stupid woman should have put me on antibiotics after she said, "You have a lot of fluid behind your eardrum." Dumb ass, where do you think an ear infection comes from? I'm not even medically trained, and I know that much! After all, I've had more than I can count, along with the irreparable damage to my ears that they have caused.

Anyway, the emergency room provided me with a proper diagnosis, antibiotics, and Percocet. And I am much happier. I will be even happier with the Percocet kicks in.

Oh wait ... it may have just done that ...

5 comments:

Veace said...

Jesus! Do you think it's possible for a gigantic group of us to sue the entire UNCG Student Health Center? They're such fuck-ups. I had an upper respiratory infection + stomach virus for two weeks longer than I should've. It miraculously went away when I desperately borrowed a friend's antibiotics. They're such screw-ups.

Feel better!

Brandilyn said...

I'm so sorry you are ill. Get well soon. I'm sure the Boy can make it better than I can, but let me know if you need any chicken soup.

Melissa said...

Mmmmm... Percocet. Mmmmmm... maybe you should save a few for moi.

Kidding. Take all that shit and go to lala land. Hope you feel better!

Sarahbearra said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your under the weather. Mom told me that she was really worried about you. You know if you were home you would be feeling better because mom's know how to do that. It's not fun being sick aspecially when your mom's not around. I hope that you are feeling better soon. I love ya lots. By the way you should call big brother jack back. He wondered why you never returned his call....

Daniel said...

hope you feel better soon! enjoy the trip on the Percocet Express.

I swear that health clinic should be burned down to the ground, bunch of no good fuck-ups over there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...