We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

02 December 2008

Just call me "Prof"

So, yeah, Elon offered me a full-time teaching position for the spring. It's only a one semester and three course appointment, but they have a really high retention and renewal rate so that is great! I'll be teaching college writing (which I have A LOT of experience with), and the compensation is OUTSTANDING.  Far more than I ever expected. Seriously. It's goodbye to the Athletic Department! I meet with my boss's boss tomorrow to discuss my options (either he guarantees me my boss's full-time-with-benefits-job in writing or I say "adios!"). The Grad School has already told me that I can resign from my assistantship at any point so I'm not contractually bound there. So, tomorrow determines what I say to Elon. Of course, the compensation really does make my decision easy. 

I really am so thankful for this break. It's been a rough few months, and I was starting to get pretty down. Yeah for a reversal of fortune!

5 comments:

Kia or Tilly (depending on where we met) said...

This is wonderful! Congratulations, Professor Short!

Scarlett said...

So exciting!!!! Does that mean byebye to AT too? Congratulations!!!

margaret said...

congratulations to you!! way to go, girl!!

Kirsten Oliphant said...

Congrats lady! :)

Someday PhD said...

Congratulations! Can you get me a job too? Ha! No..seriously, can you get me a job?

How did your negotiations go?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...