We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

12 April 2009

Happy Easter!

Today was wonderful! Actually, the whole weekend was wonderful. Here's why ...

The weekend -- well, at least my weekends -- begins on Thursday night. I weighed myself and had lost 7 pounds this week!!! Yeah for small triumphs. Needless to say, that kicked the weekend off well!  I attended the Maundy Thursday mass and began my Paschal Triduum with a moving and spiritual mass. 

Of course, Friday was slated as my day of work. I haven't worked on my book article in ... well, forever, so I decided to spend the day studying. As it turns out, all of campus was shut down for Good Friday (which is very nice) but that also meant that the servers happened to be down as well. I couldn't even do internet work form home. Ugh! So I just relaxed. Watched movies and t.v all afternoon until the 8pm mass for Good Friday. The mass was solemn and spiritual, but not nearly as moving and emotional as the Maundy Thursday Mass.

I awoke on Saturday to nothing but a short shift at AT in the afternoon. I took my time getting ready, and, when I returned at 6pm, The Boy had a yummy dinner for me! We sat and watched Ben-Hur while sharing a bottle of wine. 

Sunday - Today - was Easter. We went to mass early to avoid the CAPErs, but the church was still packed at 8:30am. It was a very nice mass, but it was a little too crowded to allow me to block everything out and focus on prayer and reflection. When we got home, we had a little bit of breakfast and began making our Easter feast.

It was SUPER yummy. The Boy made a ham with raspberry sauce and I made some pretty amazing mashed sweet potatoes with chives and neuchatel cheese. I also made some roasted asparagus. At the risk of sounded too proud, our dinner kicked ass. We shared two bottles of wine and had freshly baked cookies and coconut milk ice-cream. Yummies! It was a great Easter feast. Of course it was punctuated with chocolates of different varieties because, well, after 40 days of Lent and no chocolate, I was having a wicked jones!

While I am trying to lose some weight, I figured to take a day off for Easter. Of course, tomorrow morning, I'm back in the saddle, exercising and eating sensible. BORING!! But effective.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!! And, if you don't celebrate Easter, I hope you had a great long weekend!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...