We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

30 January 2012

30/365 and a running fail

Today was my first day back running after a 12-day hiatus. I haven't worked out PERIOD in 12 days. Between a tweaked knee and a stomach virus and being out of town, I haven't been able to exercise at all.  Finally, today, the weather was nice, my knee felt better, I've been eating normally for a few days, and I was tweaking out a bit from pent up energy. I went home straight away after a too-long meeting at work, grabbed the dog, and headed out.

I very quickly discovered that my 12-day-break has completely depleted my endurance. I could barely run for more than 3 minutes at a stretch. I worked through it, but I was pretty disappointed.  I'm hoping it was just me getting back into the swing of things and that things go better tomorrow. 

At least I had something pretty to look at while I ran ...

Sunset while running

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...