We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

08 January 2012

5k Training - Week #1

So, I've been roped in to running a 5k in March. It all started when I decided to start running and then Q's Momma wanted to train for a 5k. And, because we support each other that way, I'm in training with her. This was the first of training, and it, surprisingly, went really well. I worked in my training around my existing fitness schedule, and I feel good.

The training this week was an easy one: Walk 4 minutes, run 2. Repeat 6 times, three times a week. Q's Momma and I did two on the treadmill and one outside. The two on the treadmill directly followed kickboxing and Zumba, and I wasn't nearly as exhausted as I thought I would be after two hours of cardio. On Saturday, the GNO ladies all got together to run around the lake. It went well other than being cold and making my lungs hurt. But it was good.

This week its a 3 minute walk, 3 minute run cycle, again repeating 6 times, three times a week. I'm actually looking forward to getting out there tomorrow after work and getting some fitness in. I'm not sure what happened to me this year, but something certainly has.

Countdown to the 5k = 61 days

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woo this is great. I'm very impressed.
Just remember to stay hydrated. I'm always surprised how much easier it is to run 5k when I've been sipping on a jug of water all day.

I'm not much of a runner but I want to sign up for a Spartan Race (look it up.. it's nuts). I'm on the fence.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...