We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

19 January 2013

Pinteresting successes!

As mentioned before, Pinterest projects are my way of escaping real responsibility. In preparations for a snow day on Friday (which only evolved into a snow delay, but I'll take what I can get), I purchased some nails, some strong, and two boards to work on a Pinterest project that I've been wanting to do for a very long time. In fact, it was one of the first pins I ever pinned.

If you know anything about me, you know I'm a proud New Yorker. I find different and unique ways to demonstrate my pride about being from Upstate New York. This project was all about my home pride. And, to be fair, I incorporated JD's home pride as well.

Before leaving work on Thursday, I printed out copies of the NY and SC maps. I then attached the maps to my boards and outlined the states' shapes with silver wire nails. I created a heart shape over where our home towns are (which is much clearer in real life than in the photos below). Once all the nails were in place, the tedious stringing part began. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, but the finishing took a little creativity. I ended up using a dab of super glue to finish the strings. I also ended up not liking how the hearts turned out, so I decided to run string along their outline to make them more defined. After that, I was happy with the result.

Lancaster, SC


A slightly askew Ithaca, NY



Now, where to put them?

1 comment:

Kirsten Oliphant said...

Those turned out great! Nice to see people doing Pinterest projects in real life. Way to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...