We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

24 May 2011

What does it mean when you dream of land octopi ...

... in Ireland?

Here is my dream from last night. You tell me what hidden meaning I am supposed to find in it because I am at a total loss.

Quinn's Momma and I are in Ireland. Not in a hotel or anything but a house. I know this because we have the means to wash our clothes. But not in a modern way. In the bar of soap, washboard, and clothesline way. So we are washing some clothes and Quinn's Momma shakes out a blanket or something that had a lot of pockets in it (who knows where that dream image comes from), and, as she shakes it, a tiny octopus the size of a tennis ball pops out of the pocket. As soon as it hits the ground, it scurries into a shaded corner like a cockroach. I completely freak out (because, apparently, I'm afraid of octopi) and start screaming. It doesn't freak me out that an octopus is hanging out on dry land; it freaks me out that there is a creature running around the house. As we continue to shake out the blanket, more and more tiny octopi keep coming out. I continue to freak out, and Quinn's Momma is cool, calm, and collected (much like her real-life demeanor). All of the scurry off to dark spaces and corners, and I end up standing on a chair.

Somewhere around there, I wake up because I really have to pee. And I'm totally bewildered by this dream. Supposedly dreams have meaning, but, for the life of me, I can't seem to piece together any real meaning from this one.

I do not want this crawling around my house.
Even if it could actually survive for long periods outside of water. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...