We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

20 December 2011

Epicurean Attempts - UPDATED

We all know I love all things food. I prefer to eat amazing food that other people make, but, occasionally, I attempt to make tasty morsels myself. Tonight was the first time I have created a recipe based solely on a picture (that I found, of course, on Pinterest). I won't know until tomorrow how it tastes (when I share it with my teammates at school. Hopefully it is good, or I'll be terribly embarrassed. It tasted AMAZING, and I will DEFINITELY be making it again.), but it looks pretty amazing. And smells pretty fantastic as well.

Chocolate Strawberry Pie
Chocolate-Covered-Strawberry Pie


This pie has been renamed to reflect it's tastiness. It seriously tastes just like chocolate covered strawberries. I'm already planning a white chocolate version and a cherry version.

Ingredients:

1/2 oz. Knox unflavored gelatin (2 packets)
1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. water
6 oz. chocolate chips (I prefer 66% dark, but any kind would work. White could be amazing as well.)
Fresh strawberries (I used just over a quart, but it depends on how big your berries are.)
Chocolate pie shell (You can make your own, but that is A LOT of work.)

Process:

Stem all of the strawberries. Slice each strawberry in half.

Combine first four ingredients (gelatin, sugar, water, chocolate) in a small saucepan and heat on low until all the chocolate has melted and all ingredients are combined.

Pour chocolate gelatin into the chocolate shell. Let the hot gelatin cool for a few minutes so not to cook or scald the berries. Add strawberries slowly, making sure that the berries peek out of the chocolate. The gelatin mixture will slowly rise, so be careful it doesn't overflow. Add as many berries as the pie shell will hold.

Pop in the refrigerator for about ten minutes. Take it back out once the gelatin has started to set. Add a few more strawberries to finish it off.

Keep in the refrigerator until set.

I'll let you know how it tastes tomorrow! Fingers crossed!
A little slice of YUM!

1 comment:

Kirsten Oliphant said...

Oh my gosh! That looks FABULOUS!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...