We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

13 December 2011

Why I do what I do ... and LOVE it

I've said it before, and it is worth saying again...

I LOVE my job. 

I work with great kids and great people and have the opportunity to really participate in young lives in a fun and worthwhile way. 

About a week ago, I received the following email: 

"Dearest Ms. Short,
I would be honored and the happiest girl in the world if you would be my twin on twin day. We could dress up and be all matchy!" 

Of course, completely honored, I agreed. And this is what resulted: 


Where else can I dress up like a Christmas tree with a student for Twin Day and act like a big goof? And get paid for it?! 

I am so very blessed to have such an amazing job in such a wonderful place surrounded by so many wonderful people. And 'tis the season for recognizing and giving thanks for the blessings we enjoy. 

3 comments:

suzanne cabrera said...

What a nice post MaryBeth! And what an awesome way to feel. So many people spend 40 hours a week being miserable...what a blessing to do what you love.

suzanne cabrera said...

And what a sweet note from a student to boot!

Unknown said...

I truly do feel so blessed to enjoy work every day. I've had enough bad jobs to really appreciate the good one. I guess maybe we have to go through the trenches to really appreciate what we have. Sadly, I think too few of us make it through the trenches to the other side. And that is unfortunate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...