We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

21 May 2013

Broadening my horizons

If you didn't already know, JD is an archer. He enjoys bow hunting and target shooting and all things related to his bow. If I didn't know better, I'd think he was obsessed. But he's not. He just really enjoys it. He's found a bow shop in Raleigh that he enjoys shooting at and hanging out in and even joined their pro-staff team. While there, he's met some fun people who share his interests which is fantastic. I've stopped by the shop a few times, and everyone is very friendly. And, ever since he found NC Hunter Supply, he's been hounding me to try it out. I finally submitted to his incessant asking and tried it out this past weekend. As it turns out, I have a mammoth draw length - 30 inches - which makes Jim very excited. And, even though I'm a righty, I am left eye dominant, so I would need a left-handed bow. Obviously, I wasn't amazing given that it was the first time I had picked up a bow since summer field days in elementary school, but I think it could be something I enjoy. And, since JD spends pretty much all of his free time working on his bow or hanging at the bow shop or going on shoots, I figure it's an opportunity to spend some more time together.

On Saturday, I tagged along as JD and two of his pro-staff buddies (one of whom is female is a very cool chick) when they went on a field archery shoot. It was a lot of walking through the woods and watching them shoot their bows, but I learned a lot and I didn't hate it. JD was pretty excited about the whole thing and today he ordered me a bow. Of course, we talked about it before he did it, but, in a few short weeks, I'll have a shiny new bow to learn how to shoot.

Lesley, John, JD, and Cindy

Jon and JD

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...