We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

09 February 2010

Getting old too soon

As you may have heard, my 30th birthday is looming on the not-so-distant horizon. I am NOT looking forward to it. In fact, I am actually dreading it. The grey hairs have become more frequent and noticeable, the bones are cracking more often, the bursitis is acting up ... long story short the body is getting old. Well, today is taking the cake.

Sunday night I awoke in the middle of the night with an excruciating pain in my big toe. It was horrible. It throbbed and ached, and I couldn't get it to stop. About five minutes later, it subsided and I eventually fell back asleep.

Tonight when I got home from work, I changed and sat down to relax. A few minutes later, the pain in my toe started again. This time, it hurt so bad that it brought me to tears. The pain came, ached and throbbed, and then left about a minute later. Two minutes later, it happened again. A few minutes after that, again. I called The Boy and Mom and Dad to ask their advice. They all said the same thing: gout.

Seriously?!?!?!

Of course, the tech queen that I am, I looked up gout on the internet. Sure enough, what I am feeling is looking to be gout. Damnit. Looks like my oldness has been kicked into high gear. And now I need to make a doctor's appointment. Joy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...