We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

23 February 2010

Delving into the dark

Today my meeting with my therapist went ... uncomfortably. We are getting to a point where we are talking about things that I don't like to talk about, and its forcing me to reveal things that I have never revealed before. I prefer to keep those things buried deep inside because that is the only way I can maintain my sanity and composure. When those things that I have buried are brought to the surface, I feel uneasy and emotional. I'd rather feel in control and steady. This whole therapy thing is throwing me off kilter.

I know that feelings of discomfort are a signal that growth is happening, but it still hurts. Wounds that were thought to be healed are reopened and their rawness is exposed to the cold bitter air.

Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end ...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...