We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

16 March 2012

Spring Break

It's been a good week. It's my trimester break, and I've had the whole week off to just do me. I got shopping in with a girlfriend, my foot tattoo touched up, some dissertation reading and writing done, and the car serviced (not once but twice). And ... I met an awesome guy. :)

I had a date on Sunday night, and he took me to The Melting Pot. I'd never been before, and it was quite tasty. Girlfriends had warned me that it was a marathon meal that takes forever, so I was prepared for a long date. Which, if things didn't go well, would have been torture!! Thankfully, it wasn't torture! The meal actually only took about 2 hours, but we ended up sitting in the restaurant talking for three more hours after that. It was pretty great. We had a lot in common, and talking to him was very natural and easy. And, the most amazing part? He's 6'5"! It's the first time in my life I've ever gone out with someone who was my height or taller!

He texted my first thing on Monday morning, and we've seen each other every day since Sunday. It's been really fun and easy and comfortable. It's definitely early and we are still just getting to know each other, but he's a pretty great guy. We've spent A LOT of time together this week just hanging out and getting to know each other. He's met The Beast, and she approves. He's out of town this weekend, which is  cool because I already have plans with db for this weekend anyway. We'll see how our communication goes this weekend as well as how things go next week after he returns.

It'll also be interesting to see what happens next week when I return back to work and my regular exercise and workout routine (which I haven't done much this week given my swollen and sore tattooed foot). But, for now, it's really fun hanging out with him and getting to know him.

Dating is weird. It's so hit-or-miss. So far, this looks like a "hit" but it is certainly far too early to tell.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...