We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

16 March 2012

St. Paddy's Day Preparations

In case you live under a rock and are completely unaware, tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day! In other parts of the world, namely Ireland, it's an actual real holiday which involves a day off of work, mass, and other festivities. But, as is typical for America, we bastardize pretty much everything. Here in the U.S., it is a day dedicated to shameless binge drinking and claiming Irish ancestry despite having none. 

So, tomorrow we celebrate. We wear green and drink green beer (I don't, but many do!) and act like drunken fools. All in the name of a Catholic saint who brought the word of Christ to the pagan island of Ireland. What's not to love about it? I'll be spending the beautiful day (the weather is supposed to be gorgeous!) with good friends and good drink. To prepare, I made a special treat to share with my friends and my favorite bartenders: Irish Car Bomb brownies with whiskey ganache frosting.


I found the recipe on Pinterest, and, let me tell you, they taste AMAZING!! They are certainly potent, but they are outstandingly good. A little definitely goes a looooooong way with these bad boys, which is generally a good thing with dessert. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...