We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

05 May 2007

[insert clever blog title here]

I woke up yesterday in a very foul mood. Those of you who IM with me may have seen my incredibly ominous away message. Anyway, I was pist at everything: my dog, my life, my bank account, my job, my lack of a job, my friends, my boyfriend ... pretty much everything. As a result of this enormous bitchiness, I only left the house once all day and that was to go work with Joe. As soon as I got home, I cloistered myself away with The Last King of Scotland and Notes on a Scandal. Oh. And a bottle of wine. After acquiring a good buzz, I went to bed.

This morning I woke up still a little annoyed at the world around me. I slept in until 9 or so and then drove to the Farmer's Market on 40 to "return" my plants. The plants that I had purchased about a month ago had pretty much all died. For no friggin' reason! The only plants that are still alive are my toms, chives, sage, and Italian parsley. My rosemary, lavender, thyme, coriander, basil, dill, oregano, and one other (I can't remember which) all kicked it in the past two weeks. I was obviously pist, but I had no time to go and complain. After I got to the market, I found the vendor and told him my problem. Surprisingly, he replaced ALL of my dead plants for FREE and then gave me a free plant (Sheep Sorrel?). I was totally amazed! I expected him to cut me a break, but I didn't expect free shit. Of course, this could have something to do with the fact that I complained that "all of my plants died" when he had a customer nearby. There was no hesitation; he immediately started pulling new sprouts for me. I was quite pleased. As a result, I also bought a new plant--Stevia--which tastes exactly like sugar.

Free stuff always makes me happy, so my mood immediately shifted. I decided to shop around the market for a bit (not too long; B was in the car). I found two hanging plants to make my balcony pretty and spring-like. They were cheap, so I was doubly happy.

On the way home, I decided to stop by Home Depot to pick up some much needed supplies for my balcony garden. As soon as I got home, I started throwing my new sprouts into their pots and set everything up like I wanted. I finally got rid of that damn bike that I haven't ridden in two-plus years. And now, my balcony looks nice and pretty. Wanna see?














The pics are a little dreary due to the overcast skies, but you get the point. I can't wait to study for my comps in the tranquility of my new balcony. YEAH! I never thought I would say anything about being excited about studying for comps.

That means I was probably lying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm hoping to go to Spiderman III with Memphis tonight. I think I'm ready to return to society again.

2 comments:

Kia or Tilly (depending on where we met) said...

We should have gotten rid of our bikes long ago if this was going to be the result. I hope you are in a better mood now!

Veace said...

Pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...