We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

14 January 2008

Kudos for me

Today was the first day of school.

Or, rather, the first day of the semester. I don't have classes or anything, so it's not really like school for me. Which was odd. I did have ICA work to do, so I was in the office. But I have no teaching and no classes so the old romance of the first day of school has kind of fizzled.

Anyway, I declare that today was a SUCCESSFUL day. I achieved all of my goals and actually enjoyed myself.

- I was up at 5:40am to eat and get to the gym.
- I was working out by 6:55am (my legs have finally healed from my hard-core workout and I was able to do a lower body routine!).
- I was showered and and clean and in the office by 9am. Four different students (two Californians, one Croatian, and a native Tarheel) came by to visit, talk about holiday, and discuss their schedules/classes. As much as I hate student contact, all of them came at me with big hugs! I was actually impressed and kind of happy. Perhaps I actually made an impact last semester.
- I was home and lunched by 2:20pm, at which time I went to pick of Joe-Joe from school.
- Dinner was eaten on the couch at 6:30 while watching The Tiger and The Snow.
- Studying commenced from 7-8:45 (with a few breaks here and there to stoke the fire and talk to the 'rents on the phone). I finished the poet I was working on, so I was happy.

All in all, a very good day. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come!

1 comment:

Kirsten Oliphant said...

I want to be at the gym with you. Sad! I went, but without you it was a little boring. Plus, I can't really like, push it, the way I could without baby. Baby makes me lift less.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...