We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

09 January 2008

An update on the enjoyable monotony

I love this week. It is totally fabulous. Fabulous in an "I've-got-nothing-to-do-and-enjoy-the-leisure" kind of way. The week of Christmas was chaotic and busy. The week of New Year's was a bit more of the same. However, this week, The Boy has returned to Winston to start school and it is just The Beast and myself chillin' in the apartment. I've had to work in the afternoons, but my mornings have been wide open!

I'm happy to report that I have been to the gym TWICE this week. I would have gone three times, but my facial was Monday morning at 9am and there was NO WAY I was missing that! The Fox has even joined me at the gym. Yeah for physical fitness!! Although, I do feel rather fat and lazy since I haven't been to the gym in AGES! Regardless, it is a new year and a new semester, and my insane-o 5am gym routine is back with a vengeance! Be prepared, peeps! Skinny MB shall return! Well, maybe not skinny, but at least healthy and well toned. Skinny scares me.

After my early morning workouts, I've returned home to eat, shower, and work. I am also happy to report that after my workout yesterday (which I am still paying for right now ... my legs are S-O-R-E!) I came home and worked on my comps from 10:30 until 1:30. I was able to type up and organize all of my notes for Pound, Stevens, and Williams. Tonight, Skillz is coming over to study, and I plan to hammer out some W.E.B. DuBois. (Of course, I'm sure wine will be involved, so I'm not sure how well the DuBois will actually go!) Tomorrow I have the whole day off and I plan to smack out some Frost, fill in the holes in my notes thus far, and possibly get ahead. We'll see. I also want to hit the Franciscan Center and the jewelers downtown, but that could always be my mid-day break.

R.C.I.A began again last night. It was nice to get back into the swing of things and meet with people that I haven't seen since before the holidays. I enjoy the R.C.I.A meetings. I get to learn so much about the faith and the inner workings of the Church. I also discovered that my initiation will be held on the Easter VIGIL mass (Saturday evening), not the morning mass. I'm cool with that. The mass is supposed to last from 8pm until midnight or so, so I am interested in seeing how it all works out. I am actually really excited to finish the process and participate in the Eucharist. This process has truly served as a centering force in my life. I honestly feel more at peace, more patient, more understanding, and generally more calm. Of course, I still have my moments (I am a New Yorker, after all!), but it seems to take a lot more to get my goat.

So, according to my calculations, everything is in check. My physical life is balancing back out. My intellectual life is forging ahead smoothly. My spiritual life is rather satisfying. My social life is going well. I really have no complaints.

Except one. School starts back up Monday. I'm hoping my journey into faith with help me to deal with the pending onslaught of student athletes and their problems. God, grant me the serenity ...

4 comments:

Kia or Tilly (depending on where we met) said...

Glad to hear that things are going well, that your planets are aligning, etc. Give Skillz a hug for me and play some rubberband shootout in my honor if you get too board/drunk/uninterested to do your "studying."

Kia or Tilly (depending on where we met) said...

And by "board" I mean "bored." Geez.

Kirsten Oliphant said...

Okay, what the heck is the RCIA? I guess I'm not reading your blog enough. Or talking to you enough. But I want to hear about this! Also, I miss you and working out together. Even when you yelled at me. Today, I stayed on an elliptical for an hour. ARen't you proud?

Melissa said...

Oh honey, you're a Catholic, not an alcoholic.

Wait. Those usually go hand in hand, so nevermind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...