We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

20 March 2008

A bunch o' stuff

"I always believed it was the things you don't choose that makes you who you are. Your city, your neighborhood, your family. People here take pride in these things, like it was something they'd accomplished. The bodies around their souls, the cities wrapped around those. [...] When I was young, I asked my priest how you could get to heaven and still protect yourself from all the evil in the world. He told me what God said to His children. "You are sheep among wolves. Be wise as serpents, yet innocent as doves."

I just finished watching Gone Baby Gone. Oh my gosh. I have never finished watching a movie and felt so damn conflicted. Wow. As I write this I am still between tears and relief. Ugh. I highly recommend this movie. Who knew that Casey Affleck was so talented and amazing. Oh shit. Here come the tears. New topic, new topic!!!!! I'll write more about it some other time.

Today was Maundy Thursday, and mass was at 8pm. It was a really beautiful mass. We same some beautiful songs. I think I will share. Perhaps they will serve to inspire.

(Refrain)

We remember how you loved us to your death,

and still we celebrate, for you are with us here;

And we believe that we will see you when you come,

in your glory, Lord, we remember, we celebrate,

we believe.

Vs. 1: Here, a million wounded souls are

yearning just to touch you and be healed;

Gather all your people, and hold them to your heart.

Vs. 2: Now we recreate your love we

bring the bread and wine to share a meal;

Sign of grace and mercy, the presence of the Lord.

Vs. 3: Christ, the Father's great "Amen" to

all the hopes and dreams of every heart;

Peace beyond all telling, and freedom from all fear.

Vs. 4: See the face of Christ revealed in

every person standing by your side;

Gift to one another, and temples of your love.



And my new-favorite song-

(Chorus) Do not be afraid, I am with you.
I have called you each by name.
Come and follow me, I will bring you home:
I love you and you are mine.

1
I will come to you in the silence,
I will lift you from all your fear,
You will hear my voice, I claim you as my choice,
be still and know I am here.

Choru
I am hope for all who are hopeless,
I am eyes for all who long to see.
in the shadows of the night,
I will be your light, come and rest in me. (Chorus)

I am the Word that leads all to freedom,
I am the peace the world cannot give.
I will call your name, embracing all your pain,
stand up, now walk, and live. (Chorus)

Tomorrow's Good Friday mass is going to be celebrated by the bishop, and I am really stoked about being able to attend. Bishop Curlin is the man who inspired me to pursue Catholicism, and I look forward to reconnecting with him. I'll give an update later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...