We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

31 March 2008

A case of the Mondays

Usually I have no real problem with Mondays. However, cold damp and rainy Mondays seem to irk me. Especially when it is only 45 degrees out on the last day of March. It should be far warmer at this point in the year. Ugh. Yuck. Bleh.

I've had the realization (which wasn't really a realization since the situation has been haunting me for some time now. I guess the "one month left in school" thing has made the realization come to fruition) that I am in desperate need of serious employment. I have my feelers out in a million different places, but nothing is for sure yet and may not be until May or June. Ugh. Yuck. Bleh.

I need a job with insurance that pays a living wage (i.e. no more full-time grad student status). I applied for one today that I probably won't get, but it would be really nice if I did. It is for a distance learning initiative through UNC and pay a VERY living wage. It's only a one year position, but that would give me some time to get a firmer grip on everything and move further through the program. But the job requires that the applicants have experience teaching online course, and I lack this. I meet all of the other requirements, but I have only used the internet to augment my instruction. We'll see how it turns out. I'm not getting my hopes up. Ugh. Yuck. Bleh.

I really hope that these last three years of stress and anxiety pay off someday. They freakin' better, or I may have to resort to drastic measures. Can one go "graduate" like one goes "postal?" I may be the first.

Ugh.

Yuck.

Bleh.

1 comment:

Kirsten Oliphant said...

I think going graduate is something that happens frequently, but has not yet been named. You should trademark it--then make your million every time people use it. Kind of like Paris Hilton and "That's hot." Also, I like how you keep changing blog formats. I think this is my fave so far.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...