We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

30 March 2008

Not much to report

It's Sunday afternoon, and The Boy just left. Despite the rain, we had a really nice weekend. We hung around and watched movies on Friday night (a Clive Owen movie and a Gregory Peck movie), and on Saturday we went to see The Other Boleyn Girl. I slept in until 11:30 (WTF?!) while The Boy entertained The Beast. After I finally got up, we ran some errands, watched the movie, and then went to get groceries. We made an AWESOME dinner and sampled some amazingly good cheese while watching Atonement. This morning was early morning mass (I got the new rosary blessed) and hanging out around the house. A very nice and leisurely weekend. It was much needed.

Well, The Beast is back to normal. She's doing the pacey thing and the standing-by-the-door-at-3:30pm-thing again. It was nice when she was too sick to really think about food. Oh well. At least she is healthy. She hasn't been too bad.

*****************************************

My aparment complex raised my rent for the new lease. $720 a month for a place where windows don't work and/or don't shut and dingy carpets and general disrepair! So that was the impetus I needed to go apartment hunting. LL and I hopped in the car on Saturday to head to High Point where apartments are about $200 cheaper per month. The first place we hit (after lunch at Chili's, of course!) was a total dive. Really gross and sketchy. But the second place we saw is VERY promising. In fact, if a unit comes available, I'll take it. It's only about 20 minutes out of Greensboro, and I am TOTALLY comfortable making that move. The apartment is a one-bedroom but it is over 750 square feet. The carpets are new, and it is a ground floor place with a patio (i.e. The Beast -- and I -- doesn't have to go up and down stairs fourteen times per day!). The rooms are HUGE -- the living room is the same size as the one I have now and the bedroom is bigger than my room! -- and the kitchen has more cabinet space. However, what really sold me is that certain ground floor units come with an attached storage space. And, by storage space, I mean an additional 700 square feet to use however I like! It is not heated or air conditioned, but it is waterproof and only accessible through my apartment. The woman who showed me the place (who has lived in her apartment for 15 years!) told me that she actually finished her "storage" area and piped in heat (no need to air condition because it is "underground" and has cement walls) and put carpeting down and paneling on the walls. She even built walls in! Now, I have no desire to do that, but I certainly could use all of that space for all of my crap! That's why I need as place similar to the one I have now. I have a ton of stuff that I don't need IN the apartment but that I need to have readily available (Christmas decorations, spare blankets and sheets, old files, old books... you know how it is!). I'm pretty stoked about this place. The complex also has two pools and a SAUNA and is right across the residential street from a 7-mile nature trail. It will be so nice to be able to take The Beast for a walk without traffic whizzing by at 50 m.p.h.!! Wish me luck!!

******************************************

Comps are meh. I'm a little behind, and I have absolutely no ambition to get to work on them. Ugh. Maybe some inspiration will hit me this week ... hopefully.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...