We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

10 July 2009

My makeshift candelabra

I've been wanting a candelabra for my dining room table for quite some time. I'm rather particular in my tastes (big surprise there, right?) so finding the right one has been tough. I want something classy yet versatile and something that throws a lot of candle power. When I was in CNY, I found the perfect "candelabra" at a winery. It is actually three separate candle holders that are attached to corks that fit in the neck of a wine bottle. The candle-holders are wrought iron and hold either two or three tapers. I purchased 2 2-candle holders and 1 -three candle holders. I placed them in bottles that bear significance (one is a DRAMATICALLY overpriced chardonnay that was the first American wine to wine a medal in an international competition, one one is a chateuneuf de pape, and another is a rose that we really enjoyed) and arranged them on the dining room table. Below are the results.

Without the tapers lit ...


With the tapers lit ...

And the lights off for affect ...


I'm happy with the results. Although they will look far more dramatic with the hot plate removed and a romantic table setting placed. :)

2 comments:

Kirsten Oliphant said...

You're creative. Come decor my place, okay? I'm too tired to fix all my messes.

Unknown said...

buy me a ticket... I'm there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...