We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

16 July 2009

Surprisingly not bad!

I have been craving bone-in, thick cut pork chops all day. Earthfare has the best. When I went to the grocery store, they only had the boneless chops. They're okay, but not nearly as awesome. I bought them anyway, along with the rest of my groceries.

When I got home, I debated on what to eat (ice cream or a real dinner) and finally succumbed to my rational logic. A healthy dinner won out. So I sauteed some chopped green onions with some pulverized Marcona almonds (arguably my favorite snack EVER!) in a bit of herb-infused olive oil and salt. I coated the pork chop (which was a pretty great piece of meat) in egg and panko bread crumbs and placed it under the broiler. In the meantime, I baked some awesome Alexa potato wedges (olive oil, parmesan, and garlic). I cracked open a bottle of Broadbent and enjoyed.

I had some serious doubts about the pork. The broiler makes me nervous because there is such a thin line between done and burnt. I prefer grilling, but I haven't got a new grill yet. So, broiling it is. It looked a bit burnt, so I sprinkled some hoisin sauce on it. When it was all done, I plated it with the sauteed onions and almonds and put the potatoes on the side.

It was actually good!!! The pork was perfectly done and the sauteed mix was super tasty! And, of course, the potatoes always taste yummy!

And now I get to finish the bottle of wine!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...