We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

23 June 2011

Perfect Recipe for Summertime

One of my Twitter peeps was recently boasting about his wife's awesome Strawberry Cake, and my mouth immediately started watering. I tweeted for the recipe, and MrsBMG tweeted my the link. Yesterday was the perfect lazy summer day, so I bought a pound of strawberries and tried my hand at this mouth-watering recipe. 

Here are the ingredients:

6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus extra for pie plate
1 1/2 cups (188 grams) all-purpose flour (can swap 3/4 cup or 94 grams all-purpose flour with 3/4 cup or 75 grams of barley flour, see Note)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1 cup (200 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (25 grams) granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup (118 ml) milk
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
1 pound (450 grams) strawberries, hulled and halved

Check out the Smitten Kitchen link above for the full recipe. :)

All the ingredients (minus the butter, milk, egg, and vanilla).

Yum! It was hard not to eat them before they went into the cake. 

Ad the butter, sugar, egg, and milk happily meet. 

I had to use a springform pan since my pie plates were too small.
Ready to go into the oven!

Fresh out of the oven!!

We cut into it before I had a chance to add the powdered sugar.
It's super-good warm. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...