We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

03 January 2009

back to the boring 'boro

Well, my mini-vacay is over. I just got back from Winston where The Boy and I spent New Year's and the following days. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day here because I had to work Christmas Eve (bleh!). But Christmas was surprisingly wonderful. I didn't cry at all!! I swear!!

We went to mass at midnight on Christmas Eve, which I absolutely love. The choir concert began at 11pm and we sang many of my favorite Christmas hymns and listened to some beautiful singing. As mass began, we celebrated the birth of our Savior with candlelight, music, community and the holy Eucharist. After mass, we returned home at 1:30am and popped open a bottle of champagne to celebrate the holy day. We opened presents while we drank our champagne, and I got an AMAZING video of Bailey opening her presents with The Boy talking smack in the background but he has forbidden me to share it. Poor sport!!! Oh well, just thinking about it makes me laugh. We normally open our presents on Christmas morning, but we wanted to create our own traditions since we are a family. It was really wonderful. We woke up on Christmas morning, had breakfast, and attempted to feed the homeless. That didn't work out so well. The Ham's restaurant where Christmas dinner was being served was completely unorganized and had more volunteers than people being served. And they had almost run out of food. So, I guess it's the thought that counts. Or is it, the road to hell is paved with good intentions? Whatevs ....

I worked New Year's Eve day as well, but I didn't have to work again until tomorrow (Sunday)! Yeah! The Boy and I have spent the last three days at his place, relaxing, watching tv, eating really tasty food and drinking really great wine. It was pretty relaxing and wonderful. Yeah! Good times!!

And now I'm back. I've got the newly released nip/tuck dvds, a recently restocked bar (I just left the ABC!), and am waiting for Jo to get off work and come hang out with me!!

Yeah for happy holidays!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...