We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

21 January 2009

Winds of change

Today I woke up to a different world. Sure, the world itself hadn't changed all that much, but the potential and promise of the world in which I live has been renewed and deepened. As the daughter, brother, niece, grandchild, and girlfriend of veterans, I have always been patriotic. But the past two days have reawakened my patriotism and belief in the goodness of this nation. For so long, I have felt completely disappointed and disillusioned with the way our nation was being run. Today I feel that a strong wind of change has swept over this nation, bringing possibility and improvement. I openly wept multiple times yesterday. I cried listening to Obama's speech. I cried listening to NPR talking to listeners and their reactions. I cried this morning watching Good Morning America's highlights from the balls last night. As tears of joy streamed down my face, I realized that I feel truly hopeful and excited about the future. There are so many good things to come. Sure, the times will be tough for a while, but with a leader who emphasizes the good of this nation, we really can't go wrong.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...