We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

20 January 2009

Palpable Excitement

There have only been two times in my life when I have wished that I was in D.C. The first was a few months ago when I was supposed to visit Kia but plans got changed at the last minute. The last was this morning. Waking up to see all of the people congregated on the mall was awe-inspiring. Never before in my life have I seen so many people gather together with such positivity, hope, and inspiration for the future. It is an amazing sight -- no matter which camp you've voted for -- to see this amazing moment in history. Even all of Europe is glued to their TVs as this event happens. The course of American History changes today. The American Dream -- you know the one that we tell all little kids about but, deep down inside, we know isn't quite attainable -- has actually come to fruition. The possibilities for the future are endless. Even if he makes slight changes for the better, he will be a success. For the first time in a very long time, I am extremely proud to be a citizen of this amazing country the continually suprises me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...