We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

21 May 2009

My life = Happy chaos

I'm trying desperately to find a place to live in Raleigh/Cary. I'm planning on moving near the end of June (one short month away!!!) and have yet to find a place to call my own. I'm not stressed about that. Of course, give me a few more weeks with no luck, and I'll be in a dead panic. Aside from finding a place, I need to pack. Ugh. I hate that part. Luckily, the school pays moving expenses! Yeah for that. MB is hiring a truck AND movers to move her shit. (You're off the hook, MealyMel!)

I'm also in the midst of finding a subleter for my place. I think I may have found a guy and his wife, but he can't see it until this weekend. We'll see how that works out.

I haven't got my contract from Cary Academy yet, but I have a really good idea of what to expect. If the salary is what I am expecting (which is nothing to sneeze at!), I'll be attempting to negotiate for additional years of teaching credit. They are most likely going to give me 3 years of full-time teaching credit, and I want at least 4. To my knowledge, they aren't considering my college teaching. I'd like them to consider at least some of it. It makes a big difference in my salary. Each year of teaching credit equals about $2500 in salary credit. I'd like all of the money I can get, right? Not to be greedy, of course!! I'm taking the job whether my negotiations work or not!!!

So, that's where my life is right now. It's pretty exciting to have all this going on!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...