We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

27 February 2008

Please offer your prayers

I just talked to my dad. He went to the doctor today, and his PSA count is seriously elevated. They need to do a biopsy to see if it is prostate cancer. He can't get the biopsy until mid-March (He says the wait is long. What is that about?! This could be cancer!), and then we will know for sure. In the meantime, I would really appreciate your prayers for him. He's been pretty unhealthy in recent years, and, while I know that prostate cancer is non-aggressive and mild on the spectrum of cancers, I still worry about how his body will take it.

And I hate being here when I know he is sick. And I hate knowing that there is absolutely nothing that I can do to make it all good or to make time pass more quickly.

5 comments:

X said...

I'm saying a prayer for him right now... and one for you too! He knows you love him and that you'd do anything for him.

Call me soon!
Take care,
L.

Melissa said...

And I hate being here when I know he is sick. And I hate knowing that there is absolutely nothing that I can do to make it all good or to make time pass more quickly.

I know this feeling really well.

I will definitely keep you both in my thoughts.

Kirsten Oliphant said...

I'm so sorry! I'll definitely be praying for him. Keep me posted and hang in there. He knows you love him, even from afar. Not that that makes it better...but still. You're good at long-distance caring. :)

Brandilyn said...

You will both be in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

mansuetude said...

i've a prayer for him, too, also, a note to you. don't worry...i have known so so many people with this happen and all is well, often, usually. i think this test is known to be unreliable, but they check anyway, and its good to check...sleep peacefully and trust.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...