We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

08 April 2008

WTF?

How is it that a full-time graduate student who made a whopping $25,000 last year owes $400 in taxes and gets ZERO for a return? Please explain that one to me.

According to the Economic Stimulus Calculator on the IRS page, I'm getting $300 back from the government. That means, after all is said and done, I'll only owe them $13!I thought the whole point was to put money into MY pocket, not THEIRS. Some Economic Stimulus.

It would be nice to get a break ... just once.

2 comments:

Kia or Tilly (depending on where we met) said...

You should have a kid. Turns out the government is pretty generous when you have a kid. Maybe next year you should claim Bella and get a sweet refund. If only animals counted! I have a present for you. I just keep forgetting to go to the post office. I'll try and mail it out tomorrow in the hopes that you'll get it this weekend or Monday. :)

Kirsten Oliphant said...

I hate taxes. Somehow we're getting like $3,000 back. Which is great, because we just spent that much this month on crap that broke in our house and cars. :) I like to think of our refund as God's little provision for our big problems.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...