We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

20 August 2010

My first real weekend alone

It's my first real weekend without The Boy. Technically, last weekend was my first, but, since I spent it moping and pouting, I'm not counting it. :-) So here I stand on the cusp of my first weekend with no one to keep me company or just hang out with. I know that I have plenty of things to occupy me; the trick is doing those things.

First, I've got PLENTY of grading to do. Well, it's not really grading but assessing. The other Language Arts teacher and I are trying a new way of evaluating writing this year which involves written feedback but no numerical grades. I won't go into the details, but if you are interested you can read about it here. I'm actually looking forward to assessing their writing so I can get to know them as writers a bit better. Of course, I'm sure that gung-ho attitude will change about halfway through the assignments.

Second, I want to get all of my planning and prep done for next week. I don't want to have to do any school work in the evenings next week.Of course there is always something more I'll want to do, but I want to get the basics done.

Third, I want to get a couple of workouts in on Saturday and Sunday. And I want to be careful I what I eat and drink.

Fourth, I want to spend some serious time on my dissertation work. I've got 48 hours, so I should be able to get some quality time in.

The only obligation that I have this weekend is mass. I'll most likely go on Saturday evening (so I can sleep in Sunday morning!), and I may catch a movie either before or after. Or I may not. We'll see. Maybe having my weekends all to myself won't be so bad ...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...