We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

29 August 2010

Pics from the NCMA

I felt the itch to take pictures today, so B and I headed out to the North Carolina Museum of Art to check out the museum park. It was a beautiful day, and we got out there before it got too hot.  Which, in NC, is about 10am. 

The arches. I'm not big on modern art, but this was pretty cool. It made for good pictures. 
Lots of angles and dimensions.

I forget what this was called, but it was pretty cool.



Lots of bird houses around. They counted these as "art," but I find that questionable.
If you blow up this pic and look closely, you'll see a dragonfly in the air right in front of the house.

Lots of butterflies feeding. Not "art" per se but more beautiful that anything else there.

Hungry little guys.

An industrial smokestack and some pretty weed-like things. I like the juxtaposition.
The smokestack wasn't "art." It was just left over from another time.

I really liked these weeds. 

This was a cool art installation. It was basically a tattoo on the path. 
It fades as the weather wears it down. Pretty cool.

And spiderwebs aren't "art" in the traditional sense, but I find them more beautiful than a lot of "art" that I've seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MB, I LOVE your pictures. You've so good at taking the freaking time to do this stuff. Anyway, wooooo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...