We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

17 November 2011

Taking Chi-Town by storm

I landed in Chicago last night, all ready for my first NCTE. It's amazing that this is my first year ever, especially given that I've been teaching English for about ten years now. Anyway, today involved walking around town and doing the touristy things. I haven't been to Chicago in 7 or 10 years, so I wanted to see the sights. Sadly, I've never actually visited Chicago in any season other than fall and winter, so it is always cold. What is that about?

See the moon in the urban wind tunnel?

Millenium Park



The Bean! Or, more accurately, "Cloud Gate." It's been so long
since I've been to Chicago that this didn't even exist the last time I was here. 

I love the perspective.  


Bean! 
Looking up at the omphalos of the bean.

The weather was simply gorgeous.





Buckingham Fountain.
I've never seen this with water in it. It's always too cold when I come to visit. 

Holy Name Cathedral




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...