We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

06 November 2011

Paw Printed

I finally got my Bailey tattoo. After work on Friday, I headed downtown to see Marco. He's done some work on a colleague, and I really liked him after meeting him earlier in the week. The shop was really clean and friendly, and I felt quite comfortable going in there. After all, I was going to have some intimate body parts exposed so it's important that I feel comfortable and at ease.

I went in at 7pm and walked out an hour or so later with my new ink. It hurt like no other tattoo has hurt me before. I thought it was horribly painful when I got the top of my foot done. No. That pales in comparison to needles stabbing you in the ribs for an hour or so. But, because I'm a bit of a masochist (why else does one ever get more than one tattoo?), I powered through. I actually really enjoy getting tattoos. It's very cathartic and oddly relaxing. If I didn't have a job that required me to appear so respectable (because, let's be honest, people don't automatically assume tattooed people are "respectable"), I'd have more. But I'm happy with my 4 at this point. Marco said he'd touch up my foot at some point because it is in desperate need of a "face" lift. But I'll attend to that sometime in the next few months. Especially my beast's paw print.

She is still a little red and sensitive, but I love her already. 
 It looks HUGE in this picture, but it really only covers a 2X3 space. 

The "B" is my favorite part. It's just beautiful. Marco did an AMAZING job.  And free hand, nonetheless. 

3 comments:

Kirsten Oliphant said...

Ah HA! I couldn't tell at first where on your body this was. Then I saw side boob. Hee hee! I like it and am glad it's commemorating how much you currently love Bailey, who is alive and well. :)

Unknown said...

Love it :D

Unknown said...

You like the side boob, Kik? I thought about that before I posted it, but I said, what the hell! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...