We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

05 February 2011

It was a good, good day

Yesterday was a good day. I wasn't too sore after my cardio kickboxing (although the stiffness and soreness I'm feeling today is making up for it!), and teaching went well. Despite the rainy and cold weather, everyone was in pretty high spirits throughout the day.

The best part of the day actually came at night. Two of my girlfriends and I went to an Italian cooking class at a local Italian food shoppe. We met up at 6:30 and learned to make all sorts of good eats: scratch-made whiskey sours, bruschetta, homemade lemoncello, homemade ravioli, spinach salad, prosciutto and peas, lobster tails, and an AMAZING almond chocolate torte. The whole experience really reminded me of being back in Boston with The Boy's family. Everything was SO good and has actually inspired me to start cooking at home. Although, cooking for one isn't nearly as exciting as cooking for ten.


Our outstanding bruschetta.


Despite looking like I'm doing nothing, I'm actually helping to make the torte.


Sheila and Dawn owning the ravioli-making process.


Sheila is very focused.


CHEESE for filling!


I totally bought one of these tools, so I can make my own ravioli!


As Sheila said, "Aren't they perfect little raviolis?"


The sauce. Mmmmmm ...


The finished product.

I was too busy eating to get anymore pictures of the final product of the torte and the lobster tails. But you can take my word for it that they were as gorgeous as they were tasty!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...