We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

24 February 2011

I've always loved kiwi. How 'bout I become one?!

I'm moving to New Zealand!!!

Okay, not right this moment, but it is now a future plan for me. (And I'm pretty sure this isn't my usual springtime wanderlust!) After the earthquake in Christchurch hit, I started researching New Zealand. I've always wanted to teach abroad, and, given what I've learned about the small Pacific country, I totally want to teach there. The countryside is absolutely beautiful, and the climate is pretty diverse. They have snow-capped mountains and glaciers only miles away from beautiful beaches, and they are REALLy highly ranked according to the UN's HDR Education Index. They have some awesome public and private schools that look really appealing, and they even offer relocation bonus of 5k to teaching migrants.

While I definitely want to move across the world, I've decided that I'm going to wait until Bailey passes on. She couldn't handle the trip to move a few thousand miles away, and I don't want to leave her. I'm content to wait until her time comes while I save cash and make decisions about what I really want to do. If I do end up moving, I plan to move to the Wellington Region, preferably Wellington proper. It's one of the largest cities and has an amazing climate. It also happens to be one of the wealthiest and most ethnically diverse regions.


I mean, look at this place? Mountains, rolling green hills, blue sky, and sheep! 
It's like heaven.
Photo courtesy of: http://travelblog.viator.com/touring-new-zealand-an-insiders-guide/

This is Wellington. I can see my apartment from here. 
You know, the one that has views of the bay and the mountains. 
:-)
Photo courtesy of: http://www.lookon.net/wellington-new-zealand-capital-of-the-kiwis.html 

I'll be sure to keep you all updated. Who knows? Maybe this blog will go international in a few years! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...