We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

25 January 2011

My new life as a druggie

A vitamin and supplement druggie, that is.

Starting today, I am going on a regiment of supplements and vitamins to hopefully increase my energy and overall nutrition. As a vegetarian, I know that I don't get enough protein, and I know that protein is essential for weight loss and management. I bought some soy/whey protein powder that can be added to juice, water, or milk. It's vanilla flavored, and it doesn't taste too bad. I had some tonight with a mix of coconut and pineapple juice. It was actually kinda tasty. It provides me with about half of my recommended protein for the day. I've also picked up some multivitamin packets which include  a vitamin C tablet, beta carotene, vitamin E, a mineral tablet, and a B vitamin. I also picked up a nice B12 dissolvable tablet that should help perk up my energy. I started my doses tonight, so I don't expect to see any real changes for a few days or a week.

I'm really not good at remembering to take medicine every day, but I'm definitely going to give this the old college try (do people even say that anymore?). Besides, it can't hurt, can it?

By the way, does this officially make me old?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...