We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

11 January 2011

A very Southern moment

For all my laughing and making fun of my Southern neighbors, I must admit that I just had a very Southern moment.

Picture this:

Me in my warm and toasty Red Sox jacket and heavy clunky winter boots and gloves. Armed with a broom and ... a fireplace shovel. The only feasible tools I had for the mission ahead. I use the fireplace shovel as a pick-ax to break up the 1/2" thick layer of ice that coats all 14 stairs. After I break up the snow, I use the broom to sweep the snow off. There is not a doubt in my mind that I looked absolutely ridiculous and EXACTLY like all those people I make fun of.

Yeah. it's true.

Color me humbled.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...