We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

23 October 2011

Autumn is passing me by!

This gorgeous fall weather has got my trigger finger itching ... you know, my camera trigger finger! I haven't had the opportunity to get out and document the beautiful fall that is beginning to burst forth, and I need to soon before I miss it! Mom and Dad are coming down in November, and we are heading to the mountains for the weekend. But I fear that all the autumnal beauty will be gone by then and winter will have arrived.

Fall is so weird here in NC. It's hard to tell when it has really arrived because there are no hills here (well, at least where I am) to watch the color changes as autumn sweeps across the state. Every once in a while you'll catch a glimpse of vibrant reds and yellows on random trees, but it is nothing like being back in CNY where everywhere you looked, the hills were painted in gorgeous colors. The view from Mom and Dad's house in the fall is pretty damn spectacular. It's the fall when I miss home the most. See?



My goal this week is to get out and enjoy some fall photography opportunities. Perhaps I can find some opportunity this afternoon when I'm done teaching CCD. There's a nice park between my house and church ... maybe I'll find something there ...

In the meantime, I've been looking back through some favorite fall pics from years past. They've got me feeling almost sentimental ...









I can almost smell the leaves and the crisp air ...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...